Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Turn =]

3 posters

Go down

My Turn =] Empty My Turn =]

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:18 pm

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."- T.S. Eliot: The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

ΘΑΛ ♥ I am an alumni in a sorority. Our philanthropy is STOP Domestic violence. Our organization is a local sorority in Plattsburgh, NY that raises money every year and gives it directly to the local DV shelter. Each woman in the organization is responsible for 30 or more hours of community service per semester.

I currently live near Poughkeepsie, NY. It's home.

I wanted to say something amazing, and poetic. Let you have a glimpse into my soul. Just a few words have the power to influence your life, and others. And then I went to write about myself, and again, I’m left puzzled. What to say? What’s important to me about myself may seem silly, perhaps boring even, to you. Then, it occurred to me. I’m too worried about how others will judge me. How people I barely know, or know too well will view what I’ve written. Will they agree with what I’ve said? Will they think I’m strange? Life shouldn’t be lived by changing who you are based on the judgments of others. So basically, here I am in a nutshell.

My name is Jordan.
I’m a female.
I believe in God. [I am NOT, however, a "Bible Thumper". Everyone makes their own life choices on who they would like to believe in, if anything, and I highly respect everyone's choice to believe in something else. I will never force my beliefs on you, but I am always open to questions].
I’m in college [And probably will be forever].
Writing is constantly my vice. I would not be where I am now without it.
Photography is amazing.
I love anything to do with art. Creating sculptures out of clay is typically my favorite, but I don't have the time to work on art as much as I would like to.
I didn't know how to read until the 4th grade. Now I'm an advanced reader who can't put a book down.
I live my life by quotes. My own, others it doesn't matter to me.
I save just about every fortune cookie wrapper that I feel pertains to my life.
Ask me where they are, and I couldn't tell you.
My favorite thing to do on a Summer's night, is lay outside in my yard and watch the clouds turn into stars. I love making shapes out of the clouds.

If you really want to know who I am, you’ll make that effort to learn more about me. I’m not going to downplay my life by writing out my entire story in a few short sentences; you probably wouldn’t believe it anyways.
I believe everyone has a choice in life, whether they’re limited, or free to make many.

We are who we are supposed to be, and we are in places that we’re meant to be. Life’s hard, and sometimes it’s easy to get discouraged. But you can do it. I don’t care who you are, what you’ve been through that makes you think you can’t. I know you can. Put on a smile; you never know whose heart you’ll touch by that one small act. (:

Here are a few of my quotes;

"Macbeth:
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
-Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

"Life isn't about the number of breaths you take, but about the number of moments that take your breath away."
-Hitch

"Morgan sits cross-legged on the floor and tells me some stuff about herself: how she slept in her friend's jacket every night for months after his death. She's giving me a little piece of herself, sort of--letting me see I'm not the only one who's had a brush with nuttiness. I sit back and listen to her. I can feel myself start to quiet down inside. I don't mind that she saw me flip out. I was worried she'd think I was twisted, but she didn't. She's seen me at my worst, and likes me anyways. Incredible."
(diff section of the book)
"After the emotional roller coaster I've been riding lately, I'll take what comfort I can get, no matter how temporary it may be."
-The Night I Disappeared

"I'm trying to find myself as a person, sometimes that's not easy to do. Millions of people live their entire lives without finding themselves."
-Marilyn Monroe

"How nice it would be just to lie in someone's arms like a child, cuddled close against their shoulder, every aching muscle relaxed, every keyed up nerve loosened, no worry, no responsibility - only peace- to drift and drift.."
"...when the night comes and I go to bed and turn out the lights, I lie there in the dark, I realize the absolute futility of trying to kid myself...there is something missing in my life. For a year now i have been trying to figure out what it is, for it is vital to happiness- but I can't find out."
-Margaret Mitchell

"...in the midst of family fights, social conflicts, household burdens and all her other nameless woes, the young woman still tracked her muse, one way or another. She still wrote. Indeed, her writing both lightened and formalized her pain."
--Darden Asbury Pyron on Margaret Mitchell in his book "Southern Daughter; The Life of Margaret Mitchell"

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young."
-Henry Ford

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
-Tom Clancy

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." John F. Kennedy

"Please don't read this page; Last Friday when I was sitting at the pep rally, I might as well have been alone in my own room. Usually at school I'm invisible; except when someone wants to laugh at me, not then. That's when I'm really in the spotlight. And the more they say things about me, the more that I think that what they say might be true. That I am a loser. That I don't matter. And if I wasn't here, no one would even notice. Don't they know that I'm a good person? That I'd love to be one of them? To hear the cheers because I'm on the team. Because I'm popular. They have everything but they make fun of me; the fat kid. All I can hear is Rob talking about my chest. Apparently he comes to school to play football and to make my life miserable. When Mom came in to say good night, I had to pretend I was asleep. So she wouldn't see me crying."
-The Fat Boy Chronicles.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this!! I know it was super long lol.

Back to top Go down

My Turn =] Empty Re: My Turn =]

Post by Notorious Joker Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Shocked Wow! Now that was long. lol Thanks for joining the forum! king
Notorious Joker
Notorious Joker
JoK3Rz L3AD3R/Crew
JoK3Rz L3AD3R/Crew

Like : 203

http://matmay2009.wix.com/jok3rz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Haha yeah it was long, sorry! And thanks for allowing me to be a part of it! (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious Joker Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Ok I'm going to read the other half of it now. rabbit
Notorious Joker
Notorious Joker
JoK3Rz L3AD3R/Crew
JoK3Rz L3AD3R/Crew

Like : 203

http://matmay2009.wix.com/jok3rz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scairry Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for the lengthy introduction to yourself, Jordan. Smile
I quite enjoyed it, pretty neat quotes as well.
I need to chat with you about more stuff sometime. So, keep that in mind.
I could certainly use your opinion on a few things.

And finally, a slightly delayed welcome to the forums!! Surprised
Scairry
Scairry
Forum Administrator/Crew
Forum Administrator/Crew

Like : 48

https://www.facebook.com/eganser1990

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Scairry wrote:Thanks for the lengthy introduction to yourself, Jordan. Smile
I quite enjoyed it, pretty neat quotes as well.
I need to chat with you about more stuff sometime. So, keep that in mind.
I could certainly use your opinion on a few things.

And finally, a slightly delayed welcome to the forums!! Surprised

Thanks! And I'm glad you liked the quotes. I usually write down quotes as I hear them, or read them.
I'd love to chat with you more sometime.
(:

Back to top Go down

Post by CORPSE PARTY Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:53 am

Baby Shoop (^_^) \m/
CORPSE PARTY
CORPSE PARTY
JoK3Rz JESTER

Like : 4

https://www.youtube.com/user/gtaMATRICIDE/videos

Back to top Go down